Nepal is synonymous with trekking the Himalayas, including Mt. Everest, often with the help of Gurkhas and Sherpas. It also brings to mind temples and monasteries and languid backpackers relaxing in the old traveller quarters of Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Nepal is a landlocked central Himalayan Country that lies between India and China in South Asia
Facts and figures about Nepal
- Land of Brave Gurkhas.
- Land of Himalayas : 8 out of 10 world highest peaks are in Nepal.
- Birth Place of Lord Buddha Lumbini Lies in Nepal.
- Land of living god, Kumari.
- Nepal has the densest concentration with regards to World Heritage sites. Kathmandu Valley holds around 7 World Heritage Cultural sites at around a radius of 15 kilometers.
- Tilicho is the world highest lake.
- Nepal’s Flag is the only Flag that is not square or rectangle.
Geography of Nepal
Divided in Physio-graphic Areas
- The Mountain (15%)
- The Hilly (68%)
- The Terai Region (17%)
- Lowest point: Kanchan Kalan 70 m
- Highest point: Mount Everest 8,850 m
Kathmandu’s Tribhuvan International Airport (KTM)
Festivals of Note:
Phalgun Festivals, Kathmandu (Feb/March). Dashain, country-wide (September/October). Indra Jatra, Kathmandu (September).
Go with a guide, especially women should not trek alone better . Be particularly cautious as a woman hiking in some areas. Vehicles issues are a serious safety threat. Landslides and road accidents are high all year round, but particularly during the summer season. We highly recommend travel insurance before you travel for your health and safety reason.
When to Go
You’ll need to plan your visit according to the seasons . If you’re hiking, the trails are closed during monsoon season, which runs from June through August. Trekking season is September through May. Autumn and spring are beautiful; lush and green in the fall and flowering and cool in the spring so you can enjoy the jungle safari in chitwan .
Things required while travelling in Nepal
- Contact info
- Water (mineral water)
- Always be alert
- Do not walk alone
- Food safety
- Do not give money to beggars
- There is always a Nepali time
- Entrance fee in some of the tourists sites
- Careful while crossing roads
- Avoid displaying foods around monkeys in temples
Culture of Nepal
- Multi cultural, Multi-ethnic Nation
- Rich Cultural Heritage
- Diversity of Language
- Diversity of Customs